Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 2, 2011

Ok mother mother mother. I had changes. I am no longer in Sebaco. I am in Chinandega. The hottest place in Nicaragua. My new comp is awesome. He is from Costa Rica. We got white washed. We are reopening this area and we don't know anything. And its been kinda hard cause the other missionaries didn't leave us with anything. But my comp is so sick. He is a like a surfer super chill missionary. It's awesome ha ha. And funny story we got to talking and his uncle lives in Salt Lake City and works on movies. Well found out he worked on Touched By An Angel for years and so I am pretty sure his uncle knows my dad. You should ask dad. His name is Bruce Wing.

Also my comp met Seth Beccera in the MTC and Eric Hansen ha ha how small the world is. But ya my comp has 6 months in the Mission and I am going for 10. How crazy time is flying. Just like a little over 2 months and I'll be completing a year.

So finally I am in a Ward and not a branch where I have to worry about the attendance as much. We had an attendance of 147 this Sunday - awesome. And the members are pilas and work. I have been wanting a ward with members that like to work. The bishop is pilas too.

So today I have to go to Managua. I am always going to Managua because of things with my companions. I am going to sleep there. My comp is having problems with his papers so he has to fly back to Costa Rica and get super trunky for a day and then fly back. So I dunno whats going to happen for the next 3 days. I just wanna work in my area. I have only worked in my area 1 day since changes. We really don't have much. We need to find new families to teach and we can't do that if we aren't in our area. So I am kinda getting frustrated on that but what ever.

I almost forgot to tell you where we live we don't have water. It's a big place but there isn't water. I shower with a barrel and a cup ha ha awesome huh. And to flush the toilet I just pour water in it. It's super super ghetto. I'll send you a picture next week. I am in El Viejo, Chinandega. And its freaking hot here and I am always sweating and it's so humid its freaking crazy. I can't wait to get the ball rolling and get work done here.

So I'll start off with a kinda awesome story and go to an awesomer story.
So yesterday, Sunday, we went to go pìck up people to bring to church. The recent converts and investigators. And me and Elder Sandoval went to bring this family that just got baptized like 3 weeks ago. When we were waiting for them to get ready a Jehovahs Witness came and started talking to us. Sandoval called another elder. (Back ground info there is 4 missionaries in our house and 4 in our ward so he called the other 2 missionaries to join us.) So they came and Elder Sandoval left with my comp and me and Elder Martinez stayed to talk to the Jehovahs Witness. Ha ha we freaking machetied him with the spirit. It was so awesome. Elder Martinez went in to distract the family. So I talked with that guy one on one. And I dunno if you know much about the beliefs of The Jehovas Witnesss. I had it all under control. I will tell you more in detail of what went down Sunday when I call but it was legit. And when we shared our testimonies with the guy psh it was the bomb. So we totally dominated the Jehovah Witness. The best is when Martinez came back and whatever I said right after Martinez would say I know and testify what he just said is true and what ever he said I would say I know and testify what Elder Martinez just said is true. And the guy ended up leaving and the family ended up going to church. It was the bomb. I hope you understand this story i just told you. If not I'll explain Sunday but just know we defended our church to the max cause it's what we do.

Alright the awesomer story. This past week I was with Elder Martinez - he is from Honduras and we went to a house where a recent convert family lives. And their kid had been sick for a while. He is like 1 year old and so we decided to give him a blessing. And the next day the kid was like 100 percent better. Sunday came and the dad shared his testimony about blessings. It was so awesome and powerful beause the kid had been sick for a long time and the morning after the blessing he was all better. It was so awesome to hear his testimony about it.

I know this church is true. I love this church and the blessings we can receive from living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is amazing. The Church is true. I know it with out doubt. Love you so much mommy - I love you to the max. You are the bomb.

Love Elder Moore

P.S. I noticed Matt changed his thingy and now it just dominates all ha ha love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment