Tuesday, April 10, 2012

April 9, 2012

Well I totally forgot it was Easter to be honest. I knew it was the Holy week but when it came down to yesterday I totally forgot it was Easter. But I am so thankful for our Savior and for the Plan of Salvation. I know with out a doubt that I will return to see papa and live with him forever.

Easter here in Nicaragua is nothing like it should be. They walkin around carrying Christ on a cross on Friday and on Saturday they walk around carrying him in a see through coffin where he is dead and bleeding. It is literally like a parade. It blows. I hated it and all the stores are closed on Friday and Saturday. And to top it off everyone parties and gets drunk. I can't even tell you how many drunks I saw passed out on the side of the street. What a great way to remember Christ right. Then comes Sunday, the day he was resurrected, and well they don't do anything except for open the stores that were closed for the 2 prior days. Everything just goes back to normal. So Easter here ain't nothing like it should be. Just a huge party and apostasy.

Other than that we had a really amazing experience this week. So the family that we baptized last month, the Family Mairena, we were over at their house kickin it with them. When one of their daughters just started screaming for her dad. She was lying down in her bed. Then her dad yelled for us and told us that we had work to do. We went over there and she was screaming, sweating, shaking and had massive pain in her body. She looked horrible and we all knew something was happening to her. So we gave her a blessing. And right after the blessing everything changed. Everything got better. It was amazing to see that miracle. I literally saw a miracle right before my eyes. I have been able to see and be a part of many miracles here on my mission. The very next day she was all back to normal. On Sunday almost the whole family went to church. Now a couple of months ago this family was completely inactive and the parents weren't even members. Now the parents are members and almost all the kids go to church now. They even go out and visit with us. It helps a lot with our attendance cause there are like 12 of them ha ha.

So yesterday was fast and testimony meeting. The dad of The family Mairena who got baptized just over a month ago, bore his testimony and shared that experience. I felt the spirit so strong in his testimony and I know he did and his family cause they were all crying. I love seeing my own converts share their testimonies.

This was a good Sunday. We had an attendance of 44. We are also preparing Hermano Mairena to recieve the priesthood so that he can baptize his son who just turned 8. That will be an amazing experience for him.

Next we are preparing a family for baptism for this week. It is a family that went to the conference and to church this Sunday. Let me tell you how we found this family. We were inviting people to the conference and a man walking behind us over heard that we said prophets and apostles and then he told us to go to his house and we showed up and they ended up being amazing and very aceptive to the gospel.

Man I don't know if you can tell, but it is so much better being with a missionary instead of a member. I can totally feel the difference. I am so happy that I am not working with a member. I learned a ton but it's just not the same.

Next our branch president told us that he doesn't want to go to church anymore and that he is sick of having that responsibility. So ya, they bounced but it will be better this way. It's sad but like Nephi says, "It is better that one man perish than a whole nation or in this case San Ramon..." Many people didn't want to go because of him. I am pretty sure he will be released next week. We have been wanting to release him for a couple of weeks now.

So ya my mission is flying by so fast. And I am so not ready to go home. Sometimes I prefer to be in my house to be honest but it is not because I am trunky. I don't get trunky 24 months psh ain't no thang. But I have been thinking a lot about the end of my mission. I have made a lot of progress but I still have a lot to learn. And I am going to do everything I can in these last couple of months to prepare me so that I become what God wants me to be. And what I want to be. My goal before I go home is to be able to obey with exactness. I just need to form that habit to always obey with exactness. It's hard but it is so doable. I am trying to form habits now so that they last throughout my whole life. I am trying to form the habit to write in my journal everyday, to read the scriptures every day, to pray everyday and to obey and follow the spirit everyday. These things I can do now on my mission but the real life ain't like the mission and I just want to make sure that I master these things so that I can always be a true follower of Jesus Christ and be a true Saint of the Church. I am kinda scared to go home to be honest. I have become so accustomed to the life here and I know the life is different in the states. The other day I was cleaning out my suitcase trying to get organized and I was thinking puchika I am almost in my house just a little over 3 months and that is when I really realized that I have a lot more to do. And so I am not going to give up not even when I finish the mission. The life is a learning process that last forever. I must always represent my Saviour in all things in all places and at all times. That is my goal to have that habit before I go home.

I can't wait till I meet Nephi, Moroni, Alma, Amulek and Ammon in the heavens. It will be so awesome. When I was with Elder Alfaro in Chinandega, we always said that we were Ammon and Amulek ha ha. But that truly is a great scripture. I love where it says that the very powers of hell would have been shaken forever and that the devil would have no power. Man I want to be just like them.

We need to make sure that we are becoming what the Lord wants us to be. If we learn from our mistakes and don't go back to commiting the same mistakes and truly repent we won't feel regret rather happiness and progression.

It's funny that translator didnt work for you ha ha. Didn't understand much but ha ha it's funny you tried to translate it. I ain't sure how good I will be able to comunicate with the people that speak real Spanish. There is so much Spanish that I use here that is only used in Nicaragua and some Spanish that is only used in Central America.

Well I guess we will see how the blessing goes ha ha. I have only given blessings in Spanish never in English. Actually that's a lie. I gave one blessing with Matt Lym in English for Brother Harper but other than that nothing.

So, I was thinkin, I always looked to papa as my hero. He sacrificed a lot just to take care of us. I always look to Skip as a father. He writes me almost every week. Skip actually helps me out with what I need.

So today we went to the monkey park and kicked it as a zone and went out to eat. It was an awesome day. I will make sure to send you pictures next week cause the pictures we took aren't on my camara but the pics are so awesome like for real ha ha.

So just over 3 months it's crazy time is flying by. I forgot to tell you mommy. What do you say if we come back in October cause I really want you to come out. What if we come back to Nicaragua in October?

Mother I want you to know that I love you a ton and miss ya. Well Imma bounce. Thank you for all your help and support but it is time for me to go ha ha.

Love your son, Elder MOore

No comments:

Post a Comment