Thursday, June 9, 2011

June 6, 2011



Ok ok ok where do i even start. I will start with a little number. This Saturday we converted 5 people. We helped 5 people put their life on the path that will lead them to their father in heaven. Or in other words 5 of my friends here in El Viejo were baptized. It was awesome(Xiomarra 37 Janeat 33 Nestor 13 Hector 10 y Darian 8). Let me tell you how we found them. 4 weeks ago we were contacting. and when we were contacting I saw a man sitting outside on our chair in front of his house(an old man). At first we passed him but something told me that we needed to go back. So we went back and contacted him and he accepted our message and we set an appointment to return. Well when we returned they kinda shot us down but we went back another day the same thing.

So we decided to go back one last time. And we went and only the wife was there and she said that she didn't want to talk to us with out her husband. So as we started to leave like 6 people showed up. I guess the 6 people that showed up all lived there in the house with them. They were daughters and grandchildren. So we ended up talking to them and then planning a party ha ha the party we planned consisted of us assigning everyone something to bring. Some kind of food or drink. And us sharing a message. So our first visit we partied with them and shared a message about prayer. It was way super awesome and we gained their trust way super fast. So we continued to visit them day after day. Almost everyday. After like our 4th visit we figured out Enrique (the old man) and his Wife were members but were baptized 14 years ago and forgot everything. Even the fact they were members. So with them it was a reactivating and with the rest it was converting. Well since we gained their trust way fast. They all wanted to go to church with us. They went back to back Sundays and loved it. The investigadores and the Old couple.

Well it came down to their baptism this past Saturday. All were way stoked for a new start and to get baptized but 1 Janeat. Who is the mother of 2 kids one the age of 13 the other 10. But she was was scared to get baptized. We had to battle with satan for a little but when your born to win like me you always win ha ha. Anyways We went Saturday in the morning to talk with all of our possibilities. All were excited but Janeat She was scared out of her mind to get baptized and didn't wanna talk. She couldn't talk. She was just filled with fright and just crying. So we sat her down and talked to her for a while. And eventually she found comfort. We talked to her with a lot of love and shared a lot of uplifting things to help the fright go away. The baptism was scheduled for 5 oclock.

So on Saturday 5 people were baptized 5 of my awesome friends. And Sunday they were confirmed. But as we all know Sunday was fast Sunday. and Hector. the 10 year old that was baptized told me he wanted to share his testimony. So I told him to do it. The mom was a little scared for him but let him go. So he went up and shared his testimony and it was freakin awesome ha ha. He has such a strong testimony for only being 10. So within the first 30 minutes of being a member he shared his testimony. He is the reason they were all baptized. Everyday he prayed that the family would get baptized. He loves church and loves learning. We asked him what he learned after church and he told us the whole story of the Good Samaritan. Awesome. Also Nestor received the Aaronic priesthood and is way excited to pass the sacrament this week. All was super amazing this week. We have another baptism planned this week. The husband of Xiomarra. He has gone to church 2 times now back to back and wants to get baptized. Just this Saturday he got stuck at work and the family just wanted to get baptized so bad. But we are hoping to complete the family this week.

Also the Old couple that we helped reactivate. The Guillermina (the grandma) shared her testimony and said she doesn't know why she ever fell away from the church and how much she loves going to church now. And she is just so acceptive to everything now. She is down to pay tithing. She only makes like 500 cords a week which is 25 dollars but she wants to pay tithing. So it has been an awesome week. A week filled of feeling the spirit and of reactivation and conversion. Plus I am Hector's God Father ha ha just throwin that in there. The mom told me she wanted me to be his god father ha ha. So ya awesomeness.

Well I think that is all I will write for now love ya so much and miss ya a ton.

O I will write this too today. We had a battle with huge spiders in our house. It went several rounds cause we would attack, they would attack, and then they would hide like little sissies but it was crazy insane. It took awhile but we came out victorious. I'll send pictures of the spiders that we battled with. They are huge they ain't like the spiders there. They don't look too big in the pictures but they are.



Also I guess I'll write this too. I have learned a lot this change. My comp is freakin awesome, I was frustrated in the beggining but I learned a lot. In the beginning of this change I just wanted to work hard like non stop and teach and find and what not. But I learned how to work differently. I learned to work with love. Which is a lot different and well better. And we have helped many find the path that leads to eternal life. My comp is super awesome and I hope I stay with him another change. Changes are this week so we will see what happens.



i just sent that stuff in the box. I dunno whats supposed to go where. I just bought it and sent it but ya Laynie can have the dress that is who it was intended for. The rest is for whoever. I have more stuff that I forgot to put in the box cause I am dumb. Like your navitity set and some cookies. But ya I am glad to know that all arrived safely. Those arent camo key chains - you got to look at them closely they both say JMO and they are made out of turtle shells.

I didn't even know Jana was pregnant but awesome. And where is the kitchen at now in their house? Freakin craziness everything is changing. What is the official wedding date for Brandon,the 30? And how long has Mike been working in Canada for? A ton of stuff is happening.

I just got an update on my recent converts in Sebaco and it was awesome. Marlon is blessing the sacrament now and Hermano Machado ordained someone to the Aaronic priesthood it was so awesome to hear thought i would let you know as well.

Love, Elder Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment